Sunday, August 2, 2015

Why I'm Here

I’m here.
If you are here, let me stop and say . . .
THANK YOU!

The fact that you are taking the time out of your day to stop and read this means a lot to me.  Let me tell you a bit about myself:
First, my name is Allison.  It’s nice to meet you : )
I am a first year teacher.  I’m gearing up for my first year in this wonderful thing most call a profession, (but we know to be a passion).  Here’s what I know about my first year:
            It’s going to be crazy. I’m going to be tired. I’m going to be so busy I won’t have time to stop and thing. 
            Most importantly? I’ve never been more excited about something.

Here’s what I don’t know about my first year of teaching:
            How much will it truly consume my life? Will I even have the time (or energy!) to blog?

If you’re a veteran teacher, or a teacher who has even just a few years under your belt, you might be thinking that maybe I’m in a little over my head. First year teacher and new blogger? Let me tell you WHY I have a blog.

#1 Reason?

REFLECTION.
I want to reflect, daily of course, but ideally weekly on this blog.  I want to share with you my highs, my lows, my stumbles, and my A-HA moments.  The more I share, the more reflection that I can do.  With that being said, if only two people read this, it will be okay.  Why? I will be a better teacher because of the reflection being done, and that is all its really about right?

Secondly, I want to provide a place for other new teachers that come after me, or pre-service teachers to get an inside look into the first year.  That is something I would really have appreciated.  SO, if you are a first year teacher with me, or a pre-service teacher, come along for the ride.

Lastly,

I joined instagram first.  I love it.  The positivity and support provided over social media for teachers is amazing.  The teaching community is amazing.  A family friend, who happens to be an administrator in the education field, told me once to keep going to conferences.  That is where the positive people in education are, and that positivity is infectious.  This online community that I have found, full of teachers sharing their bright ideas, and most importantly their PASSION, is to me, a conference FULL of positive, supportive educators one internet click away : )

P.S. - Can we just talk about how talented Kristen is from Chalk and Apple Blog Designs?! Love this look!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment